dcsimg
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: RGB Values

RGB Values

How do u get the RGB values of any image and display it in a textbox?

Cheers.
    Last edited by Billie; December 6th, 2007 at 05:38 PM. Reason: needed to add detail

Re: RGB Values

Do you mean a POINT in an image? Color.FromArgb(r,g,b) works to set it
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

i'll try that method. btw wot i meant was a mousemove method. you know if you move the mouse over an image, it can show the position of x and y (e.g 243, 325) but instead of this i want the rgb values.

Cheers!

Billie, this is somewhat similar to what you have asked before in this thread. You can use mousemove event handler along with GetPixel method of the bitmap class to get the RGB Value of a specific pixel.

I guess the problem is whether or not you know exactly where the mouse is in relation to the image. If the mouse is over a PictureBox then you can get the position in relation to the top, left corner of the PictureBox. It will often be the case that the top, left corner of the PictureBox does not correspond to the top, left corner of the Image. Even if it does, it will often be the case that the Image is not displayed in its original proportions. You need to ensure that these criteria are met in order to use that method. Otherwise you'd have to use an API function I would guess.
    Tutorials: Home & Learn | Start VB.NET | Learn VB.NET | C# Station | GotDotNet | Games in VB.NET 101 Samples: 2002 | 2003 | 2005 | More .NET 2.0 (VB.NET, C#) Articles: VB.NET | C# | ASP.NET | MoreFree Components: WFC | XPCC | ElementsEx | VBPP | Mentalis | ADO.NET/MySQL | VisualStyles | Charting (NPlot, ZedGraph) | iTextSharp (PDF) | SDF (CF) ● Free Literature: VB 2005 (eBook) | VB6 to VB.NET (eBook) | MSDN Magazine (CHM format) ● Bookmarks: MSDN | WinForms .NET | ASP.NET | WinForms FAQ | WebForms FAQ | GotDotNet | Code Project | DevBuzz (CF) ● Code Converter: C#/VB.NET | VB.NET/C# | VS 2005 add-in