CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Lightbulb Active Sync compatibility with Win CE 5.0

I have a Win CE 5.0 device in which I have Win CE 5.0 OS. When I connect it to PC, it behaves as a mass storage device. When I try to connect it through Active Sync, it does not sonnect. I always get the message "Device Not detected" in Active Sync.

Please could anyone suggest what is the problem. Do I need any additional to be installed on my Win CE device.

Any suggestion would be more than welcome.

Arrow Re: Active Sync compatibility with Win CE 5.0

There is some issue with Activesync5.0. Make sure that you have installed the Activesync version 4.5.0(Build 5072) version.
    Hope this will resolve your issue.

Let me know this helps you.
    Thanks,
    Abhilash

Re: Active Sync compatibility with Win CE 5.0

Hi,

The CE File ActiveSync provider doesn't support mounted volumes, such as flashcards. This is what i got in the wince 6.0 help manual, my question is which one does the wince support?

My requirement is the WinCE device having a Compact flash should be connected as a USB mass storage(like a pen drive) device to a PC and should also have the Active Sync implemented.

Is there any advantage if the Active Sync is implemented in the wince device even when we can connect it as a pen drive and do the data transfer??

Thanks in Advance,
    vikas