CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Unhappy Error updating an ADO MODEL from a remote server

Hello

I am trying to update an Ado Model with the changes I made to the view of a sql server database. The method to update is the Database-First. The issue is that when I want to connect remotely to update the model with the database changes it does not connect me and I get an error message. Below I show the message:

Name:  iK8lY.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  31.0 KB

You can see on the server that the box allows remote connection to the server is activated:

Name:  V69df.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  24.7 KB

I also show the Sql Server Configuration manager with the name of the instance and the TCP / IP protocol enabled:

Name:  I9m8N.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  21.8 KB
    Name:  9V7GQ.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  14.5 KB

If you can help me to connect remotely and update the AdoModelGP.edmx Model with the changes I made in the database. Thanks in advance as always.

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: Error updating an ADO MODEL from a remote server

The resolution of the images you have attached is very poor, so it is impossible to read/understand what is shown there.
    So, please, make the screenshots not from the whole screen but rather from the window that makes sense. Also post the text of error message, not the screenshot of it!
    Victor Nijegorodov

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Re: Error updating an ADO MODEL from a remote server

Try connecting to the database from your local machine using SQL Server Management Studio. Once you can connect with SSMS then try again with the database wizard using the same credentials as SSMS.

Btw, you need to enable remote acess and named pipes to connect with SSMS. I believe the db wizard requires named pipes as well.