CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

How about a QT4 message board?

I don't see one around here, if I'm wrong, please correct me.

I can't decide which forum is most appropriate for QT4 questions and the likes, so how about a whole new forum?

Re: How about a QT4 message board?

You could try in C++(Non Visual C++ issues) forum. I don't think there are nearly enough Qt questions to make a new forum.

Regards

Maybe there's not nearly enough questions because no one knows where to post them and they end up using a different site?

You wouldn't be able to tell unless you tested it.

In a half a year or so, there have been only a few Qt related question, most of them in the non Visual C++ forum. There are dedicated Qt forums, and I think that is why the Qt questions rate is so low on all general porogramming forums, not only here.

See this: http://trolltech.com/developer/community.

Regards

New forum requests are made quite often, however, they are never for any topic with many users or many posts. If you search this Feedback forum, you will see Brad's response is the same every time. If more interest is shown, it will be created.

Quote Originally Posted by typeZERO
    You wouldn't be able to tell unless you tested it.
    If we tried that approach, there would be an endless supply of forums with barely any threads at all. That would be confusing and annoying to have to scroll through all of them.
    If the post was helpful...Rate it! Remember to use [code] or [php] tags.

What is worse is, people will post in a forum they think is suitable and then wait and wait for a reply, but since the forum has not much traffic, it stays idle. Some frustrated people will then post the same question in multiple forums.

Also, bear in mind that, I don't think most people who typically answer questions do not keep track of what new forums are being created. I would think many would have a choice of 4-5 forums they consider favorites and concentrate on looking at threads in those. At least that is how I do it. I limit myself to 2-3 technical forums.