CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Unhappy What is Web 3.0?

Hi all,

I'm trying to study Web 3.0, but i don't know about it.
    What it is and how to begining it?

Can you help me, pls!

Thks,
    Last edited by ntchinh; February 29th, 2008 at 02:45 AM.

Re: What is Web 3.0?

Web 3.0 is a future implementation of the internet. It has not yet come to play. Web 2.0 is the shift to such a high usage of social networking and the implementation of AJAX technologies.
    If the post was helpful...Rate it! Remember to use [code] or [php] tags.

Quote Originally Posted by PeejAvery
    Web 3.0 is a future implementation of the internet. It has not yet come to play. Web 2.0 is the shift to such a high usage of social networking and the implementation of AJAX technologies.

PeejAvery is correct. To just expand a little. Web 2.0 is more about the "experience" than any specific technology. There is a higher level of integration between the client and the server, as well as more interaction between clients (think FaceBook, etc...).

< oh what ever happened to character based internet.... >
    TheCPUWizard is a registered trademark, all rights reserved. (If this post was helpful, please RATE it!)
    2008, 2009,2010
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is.

* Join the fight, refuse to respond to posts that contain code outside of [code] ... [/code] tags. See here for instructions
    * How NOT to post a question here
    * Of course you read this carefully before you posted
    * Need homework help? Read this first

Dear all,

Thks for your reply.

Now, i want a sample code or demo for to study.
    I very happy, if you provide a sample for me.

Best regards,

What sample code? We can't give you any for multipe reasons.

• Web 3.0 isn't a language. It is an implementation AND a style.
    • It hasn't even come about. People can only speculate what it is going to be.
    • Its implementation will be huge, not enough to just provide a simple sample.

Most of that speculation is based off of Google heading to applications online rather than on the local machine.

Quote Originally Posted by PeejAvery
    Most of that speculation is based off of Google heading to applications online rather than on the local machine.
    Not just Google...ALL of the major software vendors are moving in this direction.
    TheCPUWizard is a registered trademark, all rights reserved. (If this post was helpful, please RATE it!)
    2008, 2009,2010
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is.

* Join the fight, refuse to respond to posts that contain code outside of [code] ... [/code] tags. See here for instructions
    * How NOT to post a question here
    * Of course you read this carefully before you posted
    * Need homework help? Read this first

True! But Google is known as the first major and currently the largest driving force of the shift.

[QUOTE=Most of that speculation is based off of Google heading to applications online rather than on the local machine.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by TheCPUWizard
    Not just Google...ALL of the major software vendors are moving in this direction.
    Around here, we talk about this as SAAS (software as a service) and S+S (Software plus Services)

SAAS is general browser hosted, web-server provided funtionality.

S+S differs by mainly emphasing interactivity and functional logic as part of software on the client side, as separate from (typically) a data stream from the server side. For example, a desktop app that used a browser control to display a Virtual Earth map that also used geographical data from a contact list stored on the user's PC would be a very S+S app, where the desktop app was the first S and Virtual Earth was the second.

Stephen Lowe
    disclaimer: though I work for Microsoft as an Architect Evangelist, my opinions, and occasional errors, are my own.

Microsoft ISV blog: http://ushipoisv.spaces.live.com/