CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

vb6 application online

how to make apllication developed in vb6 online?

Re: vb6 application online

Do you think you have explained your problem clearly? if you think yes then go for Inet Or Winsock

please rate the post if this is useful. And also never forget to mark the thread as [Resolved] when your problem is solved

If you mean that you want users to use your application over the Internet, there are a few choices, depending on what your app does. Besides server-side scripting, there's JavaScript, Flash, Java, DHTML, etc. However, if you want users to use the app as it is written in VB, then it would need to be downloaded.
    Please remember to rate the posts and threads that you find useful.
    How can something be both new and improved at the same time?

Actually Wizbang, I hate to disagree with you, but this time you're incorrect. In the past, this is how we did dynamic web pages (CGI) prior to anyone thinking of ASP. The only thing is, your vb6 program has to be hosted on an IIS server, and you have to give 'anonymous' permissions to execute. When you build your application, you need to ensure that it accepts command line parameters which hold your variables.

My very first application that I wrote at University was a 'recipe database' using vb5 and msaccess 2 to produce html and return that back to the user.

The only thing is, the application has to be very simple and there are many better ways to do what you are probably attempting to do.
    Be nice to Harley riders...

Almost all apps, much less Internet Ready apps will need additional controls registered before the program will run. Maybe in a few years when everybody has Vista, and the vb6 runtime built in, but that still doesn't have them all.
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs
    Actually Wizbang, I hate to disagree with you, but this time you're incorrect. In the past, this is how we did dynamic web pages (CGI) prior to anyone thinking of ASP. The only thing is, your vb6 program has to be hosted on an IIS server, and you have to give 'anonymous' permissions to execute. When you build your application, you need to ensure that it accepts command line parameters which hold your variables.

My very first application that I wrote at University was a 'recipe database' using vb5 and msaccess 2 to produce html and return that back to the user.

The only thing is, the application has to be very simple and there are many better ways to do what you are probably attempting to do.
    Well, in one sense you're right. However, I think we'd both agree that the OP is likely asking about running the app via a standard web browser, with the app hosted on an ordinary web server. Short of paying for a dedicated server, that's more or less what you're working with. Hosting services don't risk compromising security to allow a customer the kind of server permissions you're talking about.

Let's see if the OP responds.
    Please remember to rate the posts and threads that you find useful.
    How can something be both new and improved at the same time?