CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Compilation of 3rd party libraries - Imebra

Hello all,

I have been programming quite a while, and so far, I have managed to steer my self clear from using third party libraries. Mostly i did it by implementing all of the required functions by myself. But now i have to work with DICOM data, and it seems to me a bit tedious to implement it myself .

I have decided that I wanted to use Imebra (http://puntoexe.com/). I have downloaded the package, and now i have a large ammount of code files.

but now....

I don't know how to continue. My questions are:

Should i make a library out of it, so that i can link all my programs with this library? (I never did that either) If so, how should i do that?

What other options do i have?

Could anybody give me a precise overview on how to do that? I have been at this point before with many packages, but never been able to find a satisfying answer on the internet.

I am using Visual studio 2008

Sincerely,

Gao Han

Re: Compilation of 3rd party libraries - Imebra

Hi,

I know this is an old thread, but maybe someone still has resolved this issue somehow. There is very little about Imebra online. ;-(

I have similar issue. I've downloaded Imebra and was able to run QT project example for Dicom2Jpeg conversion successfully. But when I tried to copy same code to my C++ app it failed to run with following error msg:

malloc: *** error for object xxxxxx: pointer being freed was not allocated
    *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug

Debugging showed that source of error is in JpegCodec.cpp file readStream() function when checking JpegSignature to see if it's in wrong format with resulting internal PUNTOEXE error "detected a wrong format".

Interesting thing is that while running same test dcm file using given dicom2jpeg example gives no errors and converts to jpeg successfully. So I know it's not the file issue, but the way imebra code is integrated into my C++ app.

My dev environment: mac book pro with Lion OS, QT Creator, QT project, C++ code, ITK library added, Imebra files are completely part of the Qt project.

Any ideas are highly appreciated,

Evushka

My dev environment: mac book pro with Lion OS, QT Creator, QT project, C++ code, ITK library added, Imebra files are completely part of the Qt project.
    Nothing in that description says anything about Visual C++, which is the topic of this forum.
    I have similar issue. I've downloaded Imebra and was able to run QT project example for Dicom2Jpeg conversion successfully. But when I tried to copy same code to my C++ app it failed to run with following error msg:

malloc: *** error for object xxxxxx: pointer being freed was not allocated
    *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
    So why not take in consideration what the error message is telling you? Did you track allocations carefully, recording the pointers that were allocated, and then discovered that the pointer in question that the error message is referring to really isn't valid?

Debug your application assuming that the error is exactly as stated. Assuming you know how to debug allocation issues (a mandatory aspect of C++ programming and development), the cause of the problem as well as the solution should eventually become apparent.

Also, follow ups should go to the Non-Visual C++ forum, unless you can provide further information stating that this is explicitly a problem with Microsoft Visual C++.

Regards,

Paul McKenzie
    Last edited by Paul McKenzie; October 31st, 2012 at 01:56 PM.

Hi Paul,
    Sorry for posting non Visual C++ question here. Didn't realize it's only Visual C++ forum. This was only Imebra related forum thread I was able to find. I'll move my question to appropriate forum.
    Thank you,
    Eva