CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

dynamically executing java code

if a user submits their .java file to my online website, how could i make my java application automatically execute this code?

my java application runs on an aplet, and the things users submit are computer players for a game competition

dlorde is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Re: dynamically executing java code

If they are submitting .java files (source code), you need to compile it before you can run it.

Check out the Compiler API - see JSR 199: Programmatic Compiling and Programmatic Compilation.

Once you've got the code compiled, you should be able load the class files with a class loader and run it in your own application.

Sounds easy, doesn't it? I bet it isn't...

The cheapest, fastest, and most reliable components of a computer system are those that aren't there...
    G. Bell
    Please use [CODE]...your code here...[/CODE] tags when posting code. If you get an error, please post the full error message and stack trace, if present.

Re: dynamically executing java code

This classloaders tutorial shows an example of using classloaders by writing a sample program that compiles and runs code on the fly. This may just provide the basis of what you want.