CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

How to copy text to clipboard?

How do I copy text to the clipboard? It's got to be IE and Firefox compatible.
    I also searched on this one, but found a script that only supports IE.

Re: How to copy text to clipboard?

Well, I've found an obscure FireFox work around. http://la.ma.la/misc/js/setclipboard.txt
    Then you could just test which browser you're in, and run the appropriate script...

But I wouldn't be surprised if there was a simpler solution...
    Help from me is always guaranteed!*
    VB.NET code is made up on the spot with VS2008 Professional with .NET 3.5. Everything else is just made up on the spot.
    Please Remember to rate posts, use code tags, send me money and all the other things listed in the "Before you post" posts.

*Guarantee may not be honoured.

There is no way of copying text to the clipboard in Firefox without using Flash or a plugin of some sort. Using JavaScript, you can create a Flash object with the parameters for what you want to copy. Then the Flash object will copy the text to the clipboard. You will need Flash Player installed on all machines that you want to utilize this code.

http://www.jeffothy.com/weblog/clipboard-copy
    If the post was helpful...Rate it! Remember to use [code] or [php] tags.

Well, I'll check out my photobucket because I just remembered they have some sort of "auto-copy" when you click the url of an image you want or IMG code.

EDIT: Looks like they got a flash object that does the work, eh... maybe I'll try something else, but thanks for the help.
    Last edited by code?; August 2nd, 2008 at 07:26 PM.

Did you not check out the link in my post? The author of that blog shows a JavaScript + Flash solution and even has a link to the SWF necessary.

Yeah, i did, thanks, but I think there's an easier way to my problem really.

As I already mentioned...

Quote Originally Posted by PeejAvery
    There is no way of copying text to the clipboard in Firefox without using Flash or a plugin of some sort.

First of all, what do you need this for?
    Would copying the text to a temporal hidden field help?
    Wanna install linux on a vacuum cleaner. Could anyone tell me which distro sucks better?

I had a nightmare last night. I was dreaming that I’m 64-bit and my blanket is 32-bit and I couldn’t cover myself with it, so I’ve spent the whole night freezing. And in the morning I find that my blanket just had fallen off the bed. =S (from: bash.org.ru)

//always looking for job opportunities in AU/NZ/US/CA/Europe :P
    willCodeForFood(Arrays.asList("Java","PHP","C++","bash","Assembler","XML","XHTML","CSS","JS","PL/SQL"));

USE [code] TAGS! Read this FAQ if you are new here. If this post was helpful, please rate it!

Sorry for not clarifying my post above this one.

Naw, i think i just wanted to do something better for a site, but I thought of a easier and more suitable solution that didn't require copying text.
    Last edited by code?; August 5th, 2008 at 05:41 PM.