CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Convert InputStream to String?

Is there a simple way to do this other than doing it line-by-line? I'm not sure how type casting works in Java. Below is some code I'm working on.
    Code:
    InputStream in = s.getInputStream();
    String s;

Re: Convert InputStream to String?

Is there a simple way to do this other than doing it line-by-line?
    Is there a simple way to do what exactly - please explain clearly what you want to do.
    Below is some code I'm working on.
    Are you being serious? You've provided 2 lines of code without any explanation as to what it's supposed to do. The second line is declaring the variable s which you have already used in the first line. You are calling a method getInputStream() which isn't in the String class, so what type is s.

If by convert you mean to "read" Strings from an InputStream. Wrap the InputStream in a reader and then in a BufferedReader and use its readLine() method.
    Norm

PHP Code:
    BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(is)); 
    Wanna install linux on a vacuum cleaner. Could anyone tell me which distro sucks better?

I had a nightmare last night. I was dreaming that I’m 64-bit and my blanket is 32-bit and I couldn’t cover myself with it, so I’ve spent the whole night freezing. And in the morning I find that my blanket just had fallen off the bed. =S (from: bash.org.ru)

//always looking for job opportunities in AU/NZ/US/CA/Europe :P
    willCodeForFood(Arrays.asList("Java","PHP","C++","bash","Assembler","XML","XHTML","CSS","JS","PL/SQL"));

USE [code] TAGS! Read this FAQ if you are new here. If this post was helpful, please rate it!