CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Hybrid View

Custom query solution?

Our company are developing an ASP.NET based web-site that provides users with statistical data from underlying database.
    We would like to let our users to create their own custom queries to that database in a friendly manner. By "friendly" I mean something more easy then just typing SQL statements of course :-)

So is there some solution (a component or ready-to-use piece of code) which allows to do this?

Re: Custom query solution?

welcome to the forum!

i think what you need is a "reporting tool". if you are into ms sql server you may check out the SSRS. you may also use tools like IBM cognos and SAP-BO but me thinks they are expensive
    Busy

Thank you.

Yes we thought about some reporting tool but I would prefer something more lightweight. We are going to show the result of such custom queries by ourselves without providing users with ability to customize the form of result.

Thumbs up Use Easy Query http://devtools.korzh.com/eq/

Hi,

You must try this easy query tools. You can visit the demo in http://ajax.easyquerydemo.com/.

We currently use it and we are very happy with it. Why?

1. It has Source Code version and we buy that version. It is very structure code.
    2. It has all features we need to have such as: condiction with sql lookup value; date and time look up value.
    3. Excelent support and the component developer are happy to customize for specific needs with very reasonable price.

We are the hiring solution provider for US governments. You can visit our web site at www.neogov.com

We also customize this component that connected to MS Reporting Service with Subscription as well.

I attach some screen shot that I use in my program.

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thanks a lot for your information.
    We will try out EasyQuery. At first sight it looks like the product that can solve our task.