CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: blurring

Unhappy blurring

I'd like to do a blur on a buffered image pixel by pixel, but problem is that i need to do it pixel by pixel, not with that convolveOp stuff everywhere I see. Does anyone know of a good java resource for this as I found none? Some simple code, which would actually implement the kernel sliding over the image, not only talk about it and assume that's too obvious of a algorithm... my problem is that I seem to be missing how exactly I smere out one pixel to all the neighbouring pixels... probably 1 dimension blur would be in place times two, but HOW?

all help is greatly appreciated!

Re: blurring

Hey! I posted code that does something similar to what your asking for in a thread called "Unable to average pixels in an array". Unfortunately, the code isn't actually displaying the blurred image once its run through, but I figured it could give you a start at least (or if you can wait a little bit longer someone else will hopefully show me/us what's wrong with it).

Re: blurring

well, i figured it out eventually - used both simple convolution and gauss blurring. looks cool . I learned a lot.