CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Unhappy Question on code

I have some questions I have a answer for a college test and need some help on a couple I am stuck on.

#1 Write code that declares a string array with three elements, and then stores your first, middle, and last name in the arrays elements.

#2 Write a Do While loop that uses an input box to get a number from the user. The number should be mulitplied by 10 and the result stored in the variable product. The loop should iterate as long as product contains a value less than 100. Use intNumber and intProduct.

Please help me write this code. Thank you

Re: Question on code

1) Update your profile to enable prive messageing and viewing of signatures.

2) Read the link in my signature regarding homework.
    TheCPUWizard is a registered trademark, all rights reserved. (If this post was helpful, please RATE it!)
    2008, 2009,2010
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is.

* Join the fight, refuse to respond to posts that contain code outside of [code] ... [/code] tags. See here for instructions
    * How NOT to post a question here
    * Of course you read this carefully before you posted
    * Need homework help? Read this first

I am just needing help. Im not here to argue with anyone and im not trying to cheat anyone. I'm not even wanting to become a programmer it was just required course that I had to take but dont really need. Thanks and any help would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by jamedawg32 View Post
    I am just needing help. Im not here to argue with anyone and im not trying to cheat anyone. I'm not even wanting to become a programmer it was just required course that I had to take but dont really need. Thanks and any help would be great.
    Then follow the instructions for getting help with homework.

It is available both in my signature, and as a FAQ.

When YOU post your best effortys, and ask SPECIFIC questions, then people here will help. We do not DO homework.

If you want someone to do your work for you (), you can pay them on sites such as rentacoder.com
    TheCPUWizard is a registered trademark, all rights reserved. (If this post was helpful, please RATE it!)
    2008, 2009,2010
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is.

* Join the fight, refuse to respond to posts that contain code outside of [code] ... [/code] tags. See here for instructions

ok I will post what I have and see if you think it is ok. If you dont mind.

#1. Write a Do While loop that uses an input box to get a number from the user. The number should be mulitplied by 10 and the result stored in the variable product. The loop should iterate as long as product contains a value less than 100. Use intNumber and intProduct.

#1 Answer

Dim names(2) As String
    names (0) = "Jamie"
    names(1) = "Andrew"
    names(2) = "Foster"

#2. Suppose you need to store information about 12 countries. Declare two arrays that may be used in parallel to store the names of the countries and there populations. Use the underlined words for any array names.

#2 Answer

Dim strCountries (11) As String
    Dim strPopulations (11) As String
    For intCount 0 to 4
    lstCountry.Items.Add(“Country: “ strCountries(intCount) “ Population: “ strPopulation(intCount))

#3. An event procedure named btnShow_Click must add numbers 1 through 20 to a list box named 1stNumbers. Write the code.

#3 Answer

1stNumbers.items.add (intCount)
    Next intCount

#4. Write a Do While loop that uses an input box to get a number from the user. The number should be mulitplied by 10 and the result stored in the variable product. The loop should iterate as long as product contains a value less than 100. Use intNumber and intProduct.

#4. Answer

Dim intNumber As Integer
    Dim intProduct As Integer
    Do
    intNumber = CInt(InputBox("Enter A Number"))
    intProduct = intNumber * 10
    Loop While intProduct < 100

Look ok??? please help and thank you

#1 and #4 are the same?

Sorry, question #1 should be

Write code that declares a string array with three elements, and then store your first, middle, and last name in the arrays elements.

Answer

Dim names(2) As String
    names (0) = "Jamie"
    names(1) = "Andrew"
    names(2) = "Foster"

#1 and #4 seem correct to me. Could you clarify your answers on #2 and #3?

Code:
    lstCountry.Items.Add(“Country: “ strCountries(intCount) “ Population: “ strPopulation(intCount))
    Does that COMPILE????
    2008, 2009,2010

It will help you greatly if you TYPE THE CODE IN YOURSELF, and then press the F5 key, to see the output (if it compiles)

It looks like you skimmed the back of chapter 3 expecting to pick up on 6 weeks worth of courses.

I wish someone would do that for me, so I can take a long vacation...
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

It looks like numbers two and three are merged together:
    the for-loop of #2 surely must have its own Next statement, as well as the #3 loop must get its own for-statement.

Also check on the syntax of the for-loop. It is nearly correct. Only one character missing.