CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Unhappy finding problem in showing the message in th edit box

Hi ....I am finding a little problem in my code ....Actually I am running a server client application using Win API(non MFC). My server consists of a property sheet which has currently two pages. nd my client is a dialog box. Both of t hem have two edit boxes and respective two buttons for sending and recieving messages from each other. Now sending and recieving is possible. But I want to remove the recieve button because it does not make any sense. Whenever server will send message to the client it should directly be shown on the client's recieve edit box. That's where I am stuck I am not able to find out a way to do that. Any solutrion to it will be a great help to me.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: finding problem in showing the message in th edit box

Well, I just assume you are using standard sockets for data transfer.
    So you should have a thread in your server application just waiting for some data to receive
    in your example.
    If your clients sends data with send() and your server receives it (recv()) you can just display whatever data you sent.

Re: finding problem in showing the message in th edit box

One of the simplest ways would be to use two threads like CatShoe has already mentioned. Also refer to this FAQ item, very informative.
    - Sreehari
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    " Everybody is sent to Earth on a purpose. I am so Lagging behind that i won't die." – Calvin