dcsimg
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: textBox text

textBox text

alright guys.. this is my first post and not my last. I'm new to C++ but have done some with python and java in the past so it wasn't too hard learning the basics.

I'm finding it hard to find written help on concepts in c++ either its because i don't know what to look for or its just not there.

I'm looking to start coding some windows forms applications. I'm using visual c++ express and can't find any information on how to get controls to interact with one another. I basically just want a textBox and a button. When the button is pressed i want the string in the textBox to be stored in a variable. I'm sure that if someone guides me with this or where to find documentation on it I'll be set for a while.

Thanks a lot
    Pat

Re: textBox text

I'm finding it hard to find written help on concepts in c++ either its because i don't know what to look for or its just not there.
    What about a good C++ book? http://www.codeguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231039

I'm new to C++. [...] I'm looking to start coding some windows forms applications.
    Windows forms are not C++. That is C++/CLI, which is C++ managed extensions for the .NET framework. So make sure you know what you do.

The TextBox class has a property called Text. You use this to get the value stored in the edit control.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

Re: textBox text

a "textBox" is not a control. It's an "Edit" control.
    Read the Petzold and MSDN