CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Problem with respect to citrix

Hi ,
    I am explaining the things in detail.

Requirement :-
    existing application to be able to provide an interface to the remote scan data on the client and process process the data at client and return the data to the application running in a virtual session on the server within Citrix.

What i Have :-
    I had gone through VCSDK & Citrix Server SDK because as we know to develop a client i required VCSDK and for a Server we require Citrix Server SDK ,and was using VCSDK sample program know as ping for server and client. Apart from this have Window server 2000 and Citrix XenApp Enterprise 4.5 with me .

What is required:-
    First thing how to port my server application on citrix and how to communicate with client app .Because till my understanding a Server app will reside on CitrixXenApp and client can be anywhere like windowXp etc. First thing how i have to configure CitrixXenApp on window server 200 and how to establish a connection between server and client like i want to send hello message from server to client and client to server so how can i achieve this.After that only i can proceed to next step once i get little bit idea about that.

thanks

Re: Problem with respect to citrix

Citrix is developed on top of the terminal services, you can use Termical services APIs to communicate with host and client. In my case we had to port the Windows GINA to be compatible with Citrix and it all was solved with help of Terminal Services APIs, I haven't paid much attention to the content details you have posted here, as I know citrix thing could become very situation specific so...
    Regards,
    Ramkrishna Pawar

Thanks for your reply . But Content is very important .i have to use citrix API only to communicate between client and server as i mention this is my 5th day working on citrix so i am getting lots of problem.

1) How to configure Citrix server with Citrix XenApp Server on Window 2000 server

2)Do i required Citrix client at my desktop top.

3) How to use Modile.ini

4) How to port my server side code which i had written on VS2005 on WinXp .

5) How to establish a connection between Citrix client and Citrix Server.

6) whether my Citrix client code is enough or Citrix XenApp client is also required

7) if Citrix XenApp is required then how to run my client code.

i think i am much clear now

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krishnaa View Post
    Citrix is developed on top of the terminal services, you can use Termical services APIs to communicate with host and client. In my case we had to port the Windows GINA to be compatible with Citrix and it all was solved with help of Terminal Services APIs, I haven't paid much attention to the content details you have posted here, as I know citrix thing could become very situation specific so...
    This is true for the original CITRIX which just supported terminal services type applications.

However the Citrix/Zen product is MUCH more, and provides a rich client/server set of capabilities.

The ZenApp documentation (based on memory - I will not be back to the site where I use this intul Jan 19th) should have a sample application in the SDK....
    TheCPUWizard is a registered trademark, all rights reserved. (If this post was helpful, please RATE it!)
    2008, 2009,2010
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is.

* Join the fight, refuse to respond to posts that contain code outside of [code] ... [/code] tags. See here for instructions
    * How NOT to post a question here
    * Of course you read this carefully before you posted
    * Need homework help? Read this first

Thanx for your reply .yes it contain sample program in VCSDK that is what i want to know how can i check those program on citrix which one to publish . I means to say if i use my Server application to publish what the basic thing i required here Second how my client app will interact with Server as my client app is located on my desktop.

Thanx

Hello All,
    Thanks for your reply .Just come to know about this thread or rather i say unresolved question ,so simply want to mention ,that i had finished my task a long time back so if anyone else has a problem with virtual channel development anytime they can throw me a e_mail and i will try to resolve their problem.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by humptydumpty View Post
    Hello All,
    Thanks for your reply .Just come to know about this thread or rather i say unresolved question ,so simply want to mention ,that i had finished my task a long time back so if anyone else has a problem with virtual channel development anytime they can throw me a e_mail and i will try to resolve their problem.

Thanks
    May I have your Email id?

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by viv36936 View Post
    May I have your Email id?
    Do this via Private Messaging within this forum (click on the name and choose email). However as humptydumpty hasn't been active since 2016, I doubt he's still around the forum.
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by 2kaud View Post
    Do this via Private Messaging within this forum (click on the name and choose email). However as humptydumpty hasn't been active since 2016, I doubt he's still around the forum.
    Unfortunately humptydumpty haven't allowed Private Messaging.
    Probably, ending a message via Email would work...
    Victor Nijegorodov