CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Buying myself a new mouse for sudo Christmas.

I am looking to replace a Dell Bluetooth mouse i have because of latency issues and problems with precise tracking small movements when the mouse is at a standstill.

One of the features i like about the mouse is that it has left and right sideways click on the scroll wheel. The dell utility allows configuration of these buttons, though they never actually worked with any programs that i use e.g. notepad, word, VS so go figure.

I am looking for a new mouse, probably will get the classic Microsoft Laser mouse, but i would like to see if i can find another mouse with the scroll wheel sideways click. What is that sideways click featured called, and what other mice have that feature?

Any mice that you would recommend?

Re: Buying myself a new mouse for sudo Christmas.

Sorry, I can help you on this one. Dues to a severe case of Musophobia, I simply use the keyboard (or occasionally a trackbad or touchpad)
    TheCPUWizard is a registered trademark, all rights reserved. (If this post was helpful, please RATE it!)
    2008, 2009,2010
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is.

* Join the fight, refuse to respond to posts that contain code outside of [code] ... [/code] tags. See here for instructions
    * How NOT to post a question here
    * Of course you read this carefully before you posted
    * Need homework help? Read this first

Re: Buying myself a new mouse for sudo Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by ifdef
    One of the features i like about the mouse is that it has left and right sideways click on the scroll wheel. The dell utility allows configuration of these buttons, though they never actually worked with any programs that i use e.g. notepad, word, VS so go figure.

I am looking for a new mouse, probably will get the classic Microsoft Laser mouse, but i would like to see if i can find another mouse with the scroll wheel sideways click. What is that sideways click featured called, and what other mice have that feature?
    Now that you mention it, I notice that my current mouse, a Logitech Optical Mouse USB, has such a feature. Logitech apparently calls it a "tilt wheel".

Quote Originally Posted by ifdef
    Buying myself a new mouse for sudo Christmas.
    It is two more days to Christmas on the Julian calendar
    C + C++ Compiler: MinGW port of GCC
    Build + Version Control System: SCons + Bazaar

Look up a C/C++ Reference and learn How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
    Kindly rate my posts if you found them useful