CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

need help on small project

Hello i was given a project using visual C# 2005 express for the project i need to be able to type a number into a text box and have it automatically multiplied by 5 and put into label or another text box when i click the calculate button but i am new to C# and have no idea were to begin can someone help me please.

Re: need help on small project

I'd suggest to do a tutorial first if you don't have any knowledgde about C#

It's not a bug, it's a feature!

Please rate my post if it was helpful for you.
    Java, C#, C++, PHP, ASP.NET
    SQL Server, MySQL
    DirectX
    MATH
    Touraj Ebrahimi
    [toraj_e] [at] [yahoo] [dot] [com]

As a last resource you can look at www . HelpMeCheatAndGetADiplomaWithoutKnowingTheMaterial . com

The correct place to start is at the beginning. What book are you using for your course of study? What chapeters have you already covered?

Did you type in all of the code samples? (and use the debugger to watch how each statement works?)

Surely, the would have alaready covered:

1) Creating a Project
    2) Creating a Form
    3) Putting a Control on a Form
    TheCPUWizard is a registered trademark, all rights reserved. (If this post was helpful, please RATE it!)
    2008, 2009,2010
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is.

* Join the fight, refuse to respond to posts that contain code outside of [code] ... [/code] tags. See here for instructions
    * How NOT to post a question here
    * Of course you read this carefully before you posted
    * Need homework help? Read this first

Thank you i am going threw the practice projects and working on those its helping a lot thanks for the tips.

TheCPUWizard gave you a great hint and; concisly it means:

you can not always cheat to do something. walk before run. no body will help you to walk but when you are walking or running and falling down then a lot of people will help you to stand again.

you need at most one week (1-2 hours per day) to investigate and read a book to solve your problem.

don't expect many people come and push your car it would be easier for all that you first start the engine.
    Please rate my post if it was helpful for you.
    Java, C#, C++, PHP, ASP.NET
    SQL Server, MySQL
    DirectX
    MATH
    Touraj Ebrahimi
    [toraj_e] [at] [yahoo] [dot] [com]

Quote Originally Posted by MLaCivita View Post
    ..but i am new to C# and have no idea were to begin can someone help me please.
    And the teachers havn't explained anything and I'm so poor and have no time to start reading this beginnersbooks... So pleeeeeaase can anyone do this for me

READ THE FORUM-RULES. WE NEVER DO HOMEWORK FOR OTHERS.
    Jonny Poet

To be Alive is depending on the willingsness to help others and also to permit others to help you. So lets be alive. !
    Using Code Tags makes the difference: Code is easier to read, so its easier to help. Do it like this: [CODE] Put Your Code here [/code]
    If anyone felt he has got help, show it in rating the post.
    Also dont forget to set a post which is fully answered to 'resolved'. For more details look to FAQ's about Forum Usage. BTW I'm using Framework 3.5 and you ?
    My latest articles :
    Creating a Dockable Panel-Controlmanager Using C#, Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7

You could use the MaskedTextBox class:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...edtextbox.aspx

Masks examples are here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...tbox.mask.aspx

You could frame with button logic that does the * 5 and will NOT do it more than once.

This will allow you to limit the max size of the number as well, if that is a requirement.

Please do try to do some research as well next time. I have no idea if you tried or not and if this is homework or not. So , I won't do this twice for you
    Last edited by ZOverLord; January 7th, 2009 at 05:23 PM.