CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Exclamation Cant see the form when making a new project. Please Read

I am just starting with C++ and C# and Visual Basic. I have Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition. When I try to make a new project I cant see the form window to make a new program. I'm talking about making a program using the Tool Box. Tell me if I'm doing anything wrong:

So I start up visual basic and select File > New > Project > Visual C++ > Windows Form Application. I make a name for it and select Ok. Then, nothing. Nothing changes after I make that project.

I would greatly appreciate some guidance on what to do here. I have a book on Visual Basic which I have been going off of. But, I get stuck here and cant get any further.

-Thanks

Re: Cant see the form when making a new project. Please Read

Well, which one is it? Visual C++, Visual C# or Visual Basic.
    To create and design a C++/CLI Windows Forms Application (note that this is managed C++) you must:
    - start Visual C++ Express;
    - create a new Windows Forms Project;
    - Expand the project tree in Solution Explorer and right click Headers/Form1.h then select "View Designer". You can open Solution Explorer from the View menu.

I don't see any option for expanding the project tree in the Solution Explorer. There is nothing in the Solution Explorer window.

Can you post a screen of your visual studio window, AFTER you create your project?

Okay, there it is.

EDIT: I just noticed something, it says on the bottom left when I try to make a project: "Creating Project 'helloworld' ... project creation failed."

It might be due to my files being set to read only, I'm changing that now. Also the error message isn't in the screen-shot.
    Nope, I just made them all not Read-Only and I still get the error.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by SR_Flame; January 6th, 2009 at 09:50 PM.