CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Can I create classes interactively?

Ok, i downloaded SAMS Teach yourself C++ in an hour a day. I'm reading it right now. What do you recommend me to start after finishing this one?

Quote Originally Posted by gtbgmaniak View Post
    Ok, i downloaded SAMS Teach yourself C++ in an hour a day. I'm reading it right now. What do you recommend me to start after finishing this one?
    First, you ignored part 1 of my pervious suggestion. A download is NOT that same as a 856 page book.

Second, it should be at least a few MONTHS before completing that book if you followed my suggestion. (Most people who have used the SAMS books effectively do so in 10-15 weeks of dedicated study time].

Thirs, if you have ignored previous suggests...why bother asking for more?
    TheCPUWizard is a registered trademark, all rights reserved. (If this post was helpful, please RATE it!)
    2008, 2009,2010
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is.

* Join the fight, refuse to respond to posts that contain code outside of [code] ... [/code] tags. See here for instructions
    * How NOT to post a question here
    * Of course you read this carefully before you posted
    * Need homework help? Read this first

I know it won't take two days. Besides the PDF is 886 pages . My problem is that I don't really have where to buy the book from, so the PDF version is the only possibility right now.

I know it will take time, I just want to know what will be my level after finishing the book. I am still at the beginning of it. Just that I already know what the first lessons are about so it's like a review. I am reading them, it's just that I already know what they are talking about, I guess there will come a moment when each lesson will take more time and dedication.

I am taking your advice, I am just adapting it to my possibilities.
    Last edited by gtbgmaniak; January 9th, 2009 at 06:20 PM.

Reading something on a screen has a proven lower retention and comprehension rater than a paper BOOK. (even loose printed pages have a lower retention rate than a BOOK

The book can be purchasd ON-Line from sites such as Amazon.com.

For the pages you have already read, have you?
    2) Read every word, starting at page 1
    3) Type in EVERY piece of code (even if there is a CD/DVD/Download - manually type it in)
    4) Step through every line of code with the debugger (yes, even the "hello world" sample.
    5) Do not move to the next chapter/section until you are 100% confident you understand EVERYTHING in the current chapter (slap yourself if you ever think "I dont need to know this specific aspect").
    These are not "random" or "arbitrary" processes, they are based on over three decades of experience with hundreds of pupils.

If you *think* that you "already know" the material, I am willing to bet you are mistaken.

Tell me what page your are on. And I will post you 3 questions. Of course I will have to trust that you keep the book closed, and answer only from memory.
    TheCPUWizard is a registered trademark, all rights reserved. (If this post was helpful, please RATE it!)
    2008, 2009,2010
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is.

* Join the fight, refuse to respond to posts that contain code outside of [code] ... [/code] tags. See here for instructions
    * How NOT to post a question here
    * Of course you read this carefully before you posted
    * Need homework help? Read this first

I'm at page 52. I haven't typed exactly each piece of code, because all of the codes I've seen until now, I've already practiced several times previously.

I did read everything from the "Lead author, sixth edition" subtitle. I also checked appendixes A and B.

Ok, I just started writing one of the codes when I got to typedef, I need to practise it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12