CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

PHP: Please help..

Hi everyone I'm not sure if this is the right place for this and this is the first time I've come around these forums but I need some help..

This is going to sound really sad to all of you I'm sure but I've downloaded a game script and I've been trying for about 9 hours (ridiculously frustrating) to just get it to work!.. Sad I know.

I have no PHP experience but I've been trying to warm up a bit before I go to College in September for Computer Programming. I thought it'd be a nice start to just fool around.. Anyway, I have a free host and I uploaded the files to it. I got the MySql database loaded in or whatever, that's all done up with phpMyAdmin.. I'm pretty sure that's all good. I changed the config file to my hosts hostname, username, password etc.

I keep getting this message when I go to preview a page:

-

Not Found

The requested URL /index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/2 Server at gametest1.izfree.com Port 80

-

I don't know if anyone would possibly be able to tell me what the problem could be.. Sorry for the lack of info, I'm obviously noob to the max.

Thanks,
    Steve.

Re: PHP: Please help..

Welcome to the forums

Is one of the files you got in the script called 'index.php', or 'index.html'? If not, you'll need to make one, as this is the file the browser will try and retrieve.
    You'll probably just want it to load the game, so if you know the name of the main file of the game, ou could just do:
    PHP Code:
    <?php

require('[i]Name of Game Home File[/i]');
    ?>
    Hope that helps
    ~Jawa
    Help from me is always guaranteed!*
    VB.NET code is made up on the spot with VS2008 Professional with .NET 3.5. Everything else is just made up on the spot.
    Please Remember to rate posts, use code tags, send me money and all the other things listed in the "Before you post" posts.

*Guarantee may not be honoured.