I have already posted this in some other forums/newsgroups but knowing some of the population here, I figured I might get some innovative ideas...

The question is "How to backup a SOHO (Small Office/Home Office) environment???"

The basic parameters are a situation where the company in question has 3-5 TB (3,000-5,000 GB) of data on one or more servers.....

Larger companies can use off-site (co-lo) servers to maintain secure backups, with multiple staggered locations...

"Personal" systems rarely get backed up in a manner that is approriate for a business.

For example, restore the state to end-of-day for any day within the past 3 months, restore the state to end-of-week for a year, restore the state to end-of month for 2-3 years, restore the state to end-of-year for 5 or more years....

Disk drives are currently "cheap" with costs averaging about $0.10/GB, but have their own issues.....

HIGH capacity TAPE systems have a large cost for the "infrastructure"...

So how do people here which have these types of systems (or support customers with these types of systems), accomplish a robust system backup plan?????