CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

C#(version 2.0) problem in playing swf file in windows application

hi guys,

Anyone knows how to play swf file in windows application.I tried window media player (axWindowsMediaPlayer control). .It is not working sometimes playing half only and then playing from the start.sometimes in middle goes to next swf file.My task is given below for better clarification...

I need to get duration of the SWF file.In axWindowsMediaPlayer I am getting the duration as Zero,other file type like avi,wmp,flv I am getting current duration.

There is a group of SWF file.its path I stored in an array & playing one by one.After playing all the files I need to do someother task.I also tried Shockwave flash object but dont know how to get duration ,the media end event not to loop etc....

How can I achieve this?

Is there any free third party tools available?

If give the explanation with the code I will be delighted.

Thanks in advance,
    Ebin

Re: C#(version 2.0) problem in playing swf file in windows application

Quote Originally Posted by leoiser
    I need to get duration of the SWF file.In axWindowsMediaPlayer I am getting the duration as Zero,other file type like avi,wmp,flv I am getting current duration.
    Do you want to get the total duration of the file or the elapsed time of the current file ?
    if you want to get the elapsed time then you can get it using timer object.
    Regards,
    MMH
    Rate my post if you find it usefull.

Unhappy Re: C#(version 2.0) problem in playing swf file in windows application

I want to get the duration.How I know with the timer? If I get the media end time event then ok.But firing it wrongly while using wmp.Any other control?

Re: C#(version 2.0) problem in playing swf file in windows application

With the Timer you can get the elapsed time of the currently playing file but not the duration of the media.