2 B.S. degrees OR 1 B.S. and 1 M.S.?
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: 2 B.S. degrees OR 1 B.S. and 1 M.S.?

Arrow 2 B.S. degrees OR 1 B.S. and 1 M.S.?

I need some advice from the CodeGuru community. Soon I will receive my B.S in computer science but I want to extend my knowledge. I either want to eventually get my PH.D in Computer Science but I also want t learn about the engineering aspect with computers.

What do you think will be better overall (and more marketable when I try to find a job) 2 B.S. degrees (Computer Science and Computer and Electrical Engineering OR 1 B.S. in Computer Science or 1 M.S. in Computer Science (eventually a ph.d)?

Re: 2 B.S. degrees OR 1 B.S. and 1 M.S.?

A Business degree can never hurt...
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

it is not good to be TWO ones at the same time;
    i offer you MS then PHD. they hire you for one position in a job and more perfesional you be then it would be better for them.

i myself presume that trying to get two BS is dependents to the interests of the person not helping him much in the market unless he want to apply for a scientist possition then having more degrees will be invaluable.
    Please rate my post if it was helpful for you.
    C#, C++, PHP, ASP.NET
    SQL Server, MySQL
    DirectX
    MATH
    Touraj Ebrahimi
    [toraj_e] [at] [yahoo] [dot] [com]

Most people I personally know that have multiple degrees ended up concentrating only on one and made their other degrees an object of the flower base. Those who opted for MA/PhD ended up strengthening the only degree they have.
    Marketing our skills - please participate in the survey and share your insights
    -

Quote Originally Posted by nieshaamos View Post
    I need some advice from the CodeGuru community. Soon I will receive my B.S in computer science but I want to extend my knowledge. I either want to eventually get my PH.D in Computer Science but I also want t learn about the engineering aspect with computers.

What do you think will be better overall (and more marketable when I try to find a job) 2 B.S. degrees (Computer Science and Computer and Electrical Engineering OR 1 B.S. in Computer Science or 1 M.S. in Computer Science (eventually a ph.d)?
    We have a daughter who is still unable to find a husband, if you are a college/graduate student who is ambitous online web job, feel free to contact me so we can help you to schools free of charge, we will help you with business plan etc. You can take a look at Andrei Alexanderescu as an example.
    hi,,,

I have:
    BA History
    BS Mechanical Engineering
    MS Statistics
    PhD Applied Math

The BA is pretty useless when it comes to employment.

The field changes pretty much reflected the direction my job was dragging me. I went for the subsequent degrees to allow me to better understand what I was working on.

Two BS degrees or BS+MS. I would go with the second option even if you are changing subjects. You will still have to go back and cover the basics in the new field but the resulting degree looks better.
    Verere testudinem! (Fear the turtle)

Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. -Albert Einstein

Robots are trying to steal my luggage.