CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Enabling Javascript

Hi All,

I have installed Windows Server 2008 enterprise and have latest updates installed. By default it has installed with enhanced security. I am trying to enable Javascript in my web browser, but when I got to options and then the advanced tab there is no option to enable javascript. I have enabled Active content, but that hasn't done it. Anybody tell me the steps needed to enable javascript please.
    If you find my answers helpful, dont forget to rate me

Re: Enabling Javascript

Have you tried right-clicking on it and running it as Administrator? From there you should be able to access those features.
    If the post was helpful...Rate it! Remember to use [code] or [php] tags.

Hi,

Thanks for the response, I was already logged in as administrator. I'm Not sure what I did, but I had partial success and then it failed again. I was trying to navigate to my MSDN Download area. I got to entering my liveid and password, and it managed to get to the correct MSDN start page, I then went to the page that manages download keys etc and that was fine, but when I tried to expand 'servers' for example on the right hand side of the page, nothing happened.

I still haven't resolved it, but I managed a workaround, by mapping a drive to my Vista machine, downloading to that and installing from there.

I'm not to bothered that it doesn't allow me to navigate everywhere at the moment as I'm setting up a dev environment and I'll use my Vista for full access to the internet, It's just a bit more long winded as opposed to doing it from the Server 2008 machine.

Being logged in as an administrator, and running as an administrator are two completely different things. Just because you are logged in as an admin doesn't give you unrestricted access to everything. Did you try right-clicking and running as administrator?
    If the post was helpful...Rate it! Remember to use [code] or [php] tags.

No I haven't tried this, I thought that If I had logged in as administrator as opposed to a user with Admin right's that would be enough. I'll give it a try later, since it would be better to get the machine working in the correct way as opposed to a hack round.

Basically I'm trying to set up the following environment.

I have a single physical machine with Vista Ultimate 32-bit, this has all my developer tools including SQL Server 2008 installed. Then I have VMware with 2 virtual machines. 1 has Windows Server 2008 installed with Sharepoint server 2007. The second has Windows Server 2003 installed and will have Biztalk server installed on it.

The idea is that I can then develop on the main machine and work with the virtual machines to show interaction from an app to the servers.