CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

[RESOLVED] Duplicate Items Not Supported By The Resource Parameter.....?

Hi folks,

I've come across a new error message (For me at least) in VS 2008 when I try to debug. If anyone could help solve it I'd appreciate it.......It says:

Code:
    Error	1	The item "obj\Debug\My_Project.NewConsumable.resources" was specified more than once in the "Resources" parameter.  Duplicate items are not supported by the "Resources" parameter.	My Project
    Any ideas? I tried undo-ing but I'm still getting the error.......why does undo, not undo!

Re: Duplicate Items Not Supported By The Resource Parameter.....?

bump....

Re: Duplicate Items Not Supported By The Resource Parameter.....?

bump

Re: [RESOLVED] Duplicate Items Not Supported By The Resource Parameter.....?

Hi. I eventually found an answer. It was on the MSDN Forum. I showed all in the solution expolore, then deleted the resx file and rebuilt the project. Thanks anyway.

Re: [RESOLVED] Duplicate Items Not Supported By The Resource Parameter.....?

I got this error very recently. It happened when I highlighted a form in the 'Solution Explorer' pane and used the hotkeys for copy and paste--hence giving me a copy of the original form.

Visual Studio 2008 gives both forms the same name--and thanks to some fun automation, if you rename one form it'll rename the other form for you.

Before starting this, close your Visual Studio 2008.
    To Fix: Open an explorer window, browse to your visual studio projects folder, then into the folder for your ailing project. When you see a 'your project name'.sln you've arrived. Go one more folder into it (there should be only one at this point) and you'll see lots of .cs and .Designer.cs files.

Locate the .cs and .Designer.cs files for your recently copied form. Open both with a text editor.

Find and replace every instance of the original form name with your new form name. Make sure to follow the appropriate naming conventions. Save both files, close your text editor--fire up Visual Studio and re-open your newly repaired project.