CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

ListView column-editable only?

I have created a ListView window and I wanna edit the rows (hence items/subitems) in the other columns. Seems like the first one is the only one that can do this? or have i missed some important listview styles or whatever?

I dont want to make it too complicated.. i tried googling the web for information about this, but didnt find anything that makes this possible.
    I just can't get over the fact that it is impossible to overcome this problem. Is it impossible, do i really have to solve this some other way for getting through this problem?

i also can't get to focus on a item/subitem in the other columns as well.. how do i do this?
    If i shall make some generic editboxes for all of the rows for the other columns then i need the approximate positions for all of the cells. is there some code for doing this?

anyone knows a way for solving this problem (without too much work)?

Re: ListView column-editable only?

Before "googling the web" try a look into Codeguru Articles: ListView Control/Editing items and subitem.
    Ovidiu
    "When in Rome, do as Romans do."
    My latest articles: https://codexpertro.wordpress.com/

Re: ListView column-editable only?

Quote Originally Posted by ovidiucucu View Post
    Before "googling the web" try a look into Codeguru Articles: ListView Control/Editing items and subitem.
    thanks for the tip. i'll check those urls out!