CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Monitor data in the View

I am making physical measurements using hardware controlled from a Doc/View based project. The hardware can return several numeric results per second, continuously.
    I want to run a series of tests, and read the measurements in the View. Unfortunately, using UpdateAllViews to get the View to display the contents of the appropriate member variable from the Doc causes only the very last result to be displayed the screen.

GCDEF is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Re: Monitor data in the View

You're going to have to either change what you pass into UpdateAllViews to some kind of collection the view can use, or store previous data in the view.

Re: Monitor data in the View

Quote Originally Posted by crasher View Post
    I am making physical measurements using hardware controlled from a Doc/View based project. The hardware can return several numeric results per second, continuously.
    I want to run a series of tests, and read the measurements in the View. Unfortunately, using UpdateAllViews to get the View to display the contents of the appropriate member variable from the Doc causes only the very last result to be displayed the screen.
    it may be due to the way you are storing the values coming from the hardware. it's really hard to tell without seing some of the relevant code