CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Lightbulb Need a little help

As I am new to the prog world (still in my first semester for it) I had an idea but really needed to know if it is a plausible one. I would like to inter grade a open source messenger like Pidgin, or Miranda into a web page. I want this to be a light version that needs not to be installed. Is it possible and where do I start to do research to learn how to do this? What type of language would be best?

Re: Need a little help

If i understand you correctly, you could use ASP.NET, It allows you to intergrate web and desktop applications. However i'm not quite sure as to what your exactly looking to do, are you looking to make a web based, multi IM chat system ??

Gremmy..
    Articles VB6 : Break the 2G limit - Animation 1, 2 VB.NET : 2005/8 : Moving Images , Animation 1 , 2 , 3 , User Controls
    WPF Articles : 3D Animation 1 , 2 , 3
    Code snips: VB6 Hex Edit, IP Chat, Copy Prot., Crop, Zoom : .NET IP Chat (V4), Adv. ContextMenus, click Hotspot, Scroll Controls
    Find me in ASP.NET., VB6., VB.NET , Writing Articles, My Genealogy, Forum
    All VS.NET: posts refer to VS.NET 2008 (Pro) unless otherwise stated.

Yes, that is exactly what I would like to fo.

I think ASP.NET language will help you, to build a web-based chat system, ... MSN, Yahoo & ICQ multi IM with P2P search & download from Kazaa, edonkey & more...

A word of warning, not to discourage your open source and learning efforts, but a project of sorts may already exist. I've used meebo.com in the past and it holds functionality similar to what you just suggested. Its generally not a good idea to start an open source project if a similar one has already gotten the job done. However, you may just create something superior!