CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Question How Could I Copy the Content of RichEdit Consisting of Text and Pictures to MS Word?

Hi, everyone
    Now i am stuck in copying the content of richedit to MS Word.
    In my application, there is a window-less richedit control with the ITextService. In the richedit, i can input text and pictures.
    When Ctrl+C are pressed down, the content of richedit is copied to clipboard.
    I want to paste the content in MS Word.

But the problem is only the text can be pasted in MS Word, the pictures can't.

How could i solve this problem?
    Please help me. Any helpful suggestions is appreciated.

Re: How Could I Copy the Content of RichEdit Consisting of Text and Pictures to MS Wo

If you want to send data to a Word document/create a new Word document from your application, you should look into Automation.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

Re: How Could I Copy the Content of RichEdit Consisting of Text and Pictures to MS Wo

Thanks

To be concrete, I have a question, which clipboard format is applicable when copy the content?

There is no format for RTF. I think you have to register one, but then Word would not know how to handle it, I guess.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

thanks. this problem is resolved