AJAX Support Messed Up
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: AJAX Support Messed Up

Threaded View

AJAX Support Messed Up

I'm using VS 2008. I have SP1 and I'm using .NET 3.5.

I just started creating a new web project. I went to add calendar extender to a text box but noticed that little button with '>' was missing so I couldn't get to the add extender option. I then noticed the AJAX Control Toolkit tab was missing from the toolbox. I then manually added the AJAX Control Toolkit tab back and added the control back into the tab. After that I got the '>' button back and was able to add the calendar extender. However, it's not working right. When the calendar pops up it's about 1/2 below the text box instead of right underneath. Worse yet, if I open up the calendar control a second time the controls and stuff in it are all messed up and rearranged. Also, the content of the table cell the stuff is in disappears while the calendar is displayed.

I loaded up a previous project and everything seems to be working there. So this must be with new projects.

Here's the markup from the new projects.

Code:
    <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="AstraCalendar._Default" %>

<%@ Register assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" tagprefix="asp" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >
    <head runat="server">
        <title></title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <form id="form1" runat="server">
        <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">
        </asp:ScriptManager>

<div>

<table style="background-color: #D6E7EF; border-right: black 1pt solid; border-top: black 1pt solid; border-left: black 1pt solid; border-bottom: black 1pt solid;" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
            <tr>
                <td style="background-color: #006699; color: #e0e0e0; font-size: small; padding-left: 4px;">
                    Calendar
                </td>
            </tr>
            <tr style="position: relative">
                <td style="padding: 4px; margin-left: 80px;">
                    Start Date
                    <asp:TextBox ID="txtStartDate" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
                    <asp:CalendarExtender ID="txtStartDate_CalendarExtender" runat="server" Enabled="True" TargetControlID="txtStartDate">
                    </asp:CalendarExtender>
                    End Date
                    <asp:TextBox ID="txtEndDate" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
                    <asp:CalendarExtender ID="txtEndDate_CalendarExtender" runat="server" Enabled="True" TargetControlID="txtEndDate">
                    </asp:CalendarExtender>
                    <hr />
                    <asp:PlaceHolder ID="placeHolderReport" runat="server" />
                </td>
            </tr>
        </table>

</div>
        </form>
    </body>
    </html>
    There's no code for the project. Can someone help me figure out what's going on?

Thanks,
    Attached Images Attached Images