CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Hybrid View

How to extract audio from FLV Video?

Hi!!

I'm currently working on a project in which I need to extract audio from FLV file and ideally save to MP3 directly or else save to WAV. Can someone please tell me how can I achieve this?

The raw method that I tried was "Record with Stereo Mix". I select the Input Channel as "Stereo Mix" and then play the Youtube Video whilst making my tool to record the sound played through my Sound Card. The quality of this grabbed sound is not so good and it depends on the quality of Sound Card, too. I saw some tools available online that does not use such Stereo Mix Recording method to grab the audio of FLV; these tools simply extract the Audio from FLV.

I searched a lot for an Active-X control that can assist me to do this job as I'm also open to buy an active-x control for this task, too (but the budget is limited!). But unfortunately I couldn't locate a single Active-X control that will help me to extract the audio from FLV file. I searched for VB6 code but no luck on that front as well.

So ... I'm stuck and pushed to the wall!! I need your help ... can someone please help me in this? If you know any active-x control or any royalty free command line tool that can help me to extract the audio from FLV and save it as WAV or better if possible to MP3 then please please please tell me.

Thanks so much for taking time to read my query ... Eagerly waiting for your reply ...

Best Regards,

Ruturaaj.

Re: How to extract audio from FLV Video?

seens like a goal, little hard to reach unless you know very well how does the flv encode works, you might start trying to find how its the audio stored on the flv file, if you think its nviable for you to retrieve it by that means. theres still a alternative not so pretty but that might work.

you would reproduce the flv, and then save the audio recording the audio from Wave, then compress to MP3. but keep in mind when u using this methood any unespected sound played on the pc. its gonna be recorded.

i think its possible but it depeneds on what do you really need, and what you really can do.

Well, Windows Recorder will save you time. It will record as a WAV file.

It will also record from the soundcard, so if you disable your app from it, then you could do both at the same time

You'd have to sync them, and then convert to mp3 (and sync)
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Well, I've never have to deal with flv when extracting soundtracks, so I know only how to do the job with a video file ):
    I would do it so - first convert flash to video, using any convertor, then extract sound with Video mp3 extractor. But this way seems to be too long and there can be loss in quality, when converting to video format, I guess.
    However, the app I've mentioned is great for extracting sounds, so in case anyone will have to deal with video, it may be useful (:

Thanks for your replies! FFMPEG looks like playing the trick for me! There are so many command line options; very flexible, nice work by author!

Hi, if you have a good soundcard and you can stream audio from FLV online, you could try to use "record from stereo mix" way to rip audio from FLV straightly. In this way, you could do it online and save audio as WAV file.

Wouldn't that be "Buy a Mac?" (to borrow a term, "Mactard" for a minute there)

How does that help his VB6 app?
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

hi, here is step by step guide help you to extract audio from flv video:
    http://bestvideoconvertersoftware.bl...ad-videos.html
    hope it is helpful to u