March 14th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Compilation and Embedded resources
I'm writing simple application to edit text data. Because of user level it has additional requirements:
1. Only one exec file without installation,
2. All text files has to be embedded in exec, to protect it from user changes.
3. There should be another tool to create such exec with text files passed as arguments without Visual Studio.
I'm stuck on point 3. I thought about to ways of achieving it:
1. Change embedded resources from exec itself at run time. But have no idea how to do it:/
2. Prepare compilation script for project and pass resources as args. But no articles about it:/
Any idea how to achieve those goals?
Thanks a lot,
Tags for this Thread
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width
This is a Codeguru.com survey!