I'm new to OpenGL. I'm reading the book Interactive Computer Graphics with OpenGL (Angel). As a test of the concepts taught in the book, I tried compiling the first example program, only to find that I get all sorts of errors. The program is supposed to display a Sierpinski gasket composed of a given number of points on the screen. I'm compiling with DevC++. I've downloaded the GLUT header file, so I don't think that that is the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Andy

Code:
#include<iostream>
#include<glut.h>
using namespace std;

void myinit(void)
{
     //attributes
     glClearColor(1.0,1.0,1.0,0.0);//white background
     glColor3f(1.0,0.0,0.0);//draw in red

glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION);
    glLoadIdentity();
    glOrtho(0.0,500.0,0.0,500.0,-100.0,100.0);
    glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW);
    //sets up viewing
}

void display(void)
{
     typedef GLfloat point2[2];//define a 2-coordinate point data type
     point2 vertices[3]={{0.0,0.0},{250.0,500.0},{500.0,0.0}};
     //creates an arbitrary triangle
     static point2 p={75.0,50.0};
     //sets an initial point within the triangle
     glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT);//clear the window
     int j,k;
     int rand(); //random number generator
     for(k=0;k<5000;k++)
     {
                        j=rand()%3;
                        //pick a random vertex from 0,1,2
                        p[0]=(p[0]+vertices[j][0])/2;
                        p[1]=(p[1]+vertices[j][1])/2;
                        //computes next point in sequence
                        glBegin(GL_POINTS);//plot points
                        glVertex2fv(p);
                        glEnd();
     }
     glFlush();
}

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
     //Standard GLUT initialization
     glutInit(&argc,argv);
     glutInitDisplayMode(GLUT_SINGLE | GLUT_RGB);//default, not needed
     glutInitWindowSize(500,500);
     glutInitWindowPosition(0,0);//place window at top left of display
     glutCreateWindow("Sierpinski Gasket");//window title
     glutDisplayFunc(display);//display callback invoked when opened
     myinit(); //set attributes
     glutMainLoop(); //enter event loop
     return 1;
}
And here is the compile log, which may or may not be helpful
Code:
Compiler: Default compiler
Executing  g++.exe...
g++.exe "C:\Andy's Old Computer Files\Andy's Programs\OpenGL examples\Sierpinski gasket.cpp" -o "C:\Andy's Old Computer Files\Andy's Programs\OpenGL examples\Sierpinski gasket.exe"   -g3  -I"lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2\include"  -I"include\c++\3.4.2\backward"  -I"include\c++\3.4.2\mingw32"  -I"include\c++\3.4.2"  -I"include"   -L"lib" -g3 
C:\DOCUME~1\ANDYBA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccwNaaaa.o(.text+0x11c): In function `glutInit_ATEXIT_HACK':

C:/Dev-Cpp/Bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/glut.h:486: undefined reference to `__glutInitWithExit'
C:\DOCUME~1\ANDYBA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccwNaaaa.o(.text+0x137): In function `glutCreateWindow_ATEXIT_HACK':
C:/Dev-Cpp/Bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/glut.h:503: undefined reference to `__glutCreateWindowWithExit'
C:\DOCUME~1\ANDYBA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccwNaaaa.o(.text+0x153): In function `glutCreateMenu_ATEXIT_HACK':
C:/Dev-Cpp/Bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/glut.h:549: undefined reference to `__glutCreateMenuWithExit'
C:\DOCUME~1\ANDYBA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccwNaaaa.o(.text+0x184): In function `Z6myinitv':
C:/Andy's Old Computer Files/Andy's Programs/OpenGL examples/Sierpinski gasket.cpp:8: undefined reference to `_imp__glClearColor'
C:\DOCUME~1\ANDYBA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccwNaaaa.o(.text+0x1a5):C:/Andy's Old Computer Files/Andy's Programs/OpenGL examples/Sierpinski gasket.cpp:9: undefined reference to `_imp__glColor3f'
C:\DOCUME~1\ANDYBA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccwNaaaa.o(.text+0x1b3):C:/Andy's Old Computer Files/Andy's Programs/OpenGL examples/Sierpinski gasket.cpp:11: undefined reference to `_imp__glMatrixMode'

C:\DOCUME~1\ANDYBA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccwNaaaa.o(.text+0x1ba):C:/Andy's Old Computer Files/Andy's Programs/OpenGL examples/Sierpinski gasket.cpp:12: undefined reference to `_imp__glLoadIdentity'
C:\DOCUME~1\ANDYBA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccwNaaaa.o(.text+0x1f4):C:/Andy's Old Computer Files/Andy's Programs/OpenGL examples/Sierpinski gasket.cpp:13: undefined reference to `_imp__glOrtho'
C:\DOCUME~1\ANDYBA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccwNaaaa.o(.text+0x202):C:/Andy's Old Computer Files/Andy's Programs/OpenGL examples/Sierpinski gasket.cpp:14: undefined reference to `_imp__glMatrixMode'
C:\DOCUME~1\ANDYBA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccwNaaaa.o(.text+0x246): In function `Z7displayv':
C:/Andy's Old Computer Files/Andy's Programs/OpenGL examples/Sierpinski gasket.cpp:25: undefined reference to `_imp__glClear'

C:\DOCUME~1\ANDYBA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccwNaaaa.o(.text+0x261):C:/Andy's Old Computer Files/Andy's Programs/OpenGL examples/Sierpinski gasket.cpp:30: undefined reference to `rand()'
C:\DOCUME~1\ANDYBA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccwNaaaa.o(.text+0x2c8):C:/Andy's Old Computer Files/Andy's Programs/OpenGL examples/Sierpinski gasket.cpp:35: undefined reference to `_imp__glBegin'
C:\DOCUME~1\ANDYBA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccwNaaaa.o(.text+0x2d6):C:/Andy's Old Computer Files/Andy's Programs/OpenGL examples/Sierpinski gasket.cpp:36: undefined reference to `_imp__glVertex2fv'
C:\DOCUME~1\ANDYBA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccwNaaaa.o(.text+0x2dd):C:/Andy's Old Computer Files/Andy's Programs/OpenGL examples/Sierpinski gasket.cpp:37: undefined reference to `_imp__glEnd'
C:\DOCUME~1\ANDYBA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccwNaaaa.o(.text+0x2ee):C:/Andy's Old Computer Files/Andy's Programs/OpenGL examples/Sierpinski gasket.cpp:39: undefined reference to `_imp__glFlush'
C:\DOCUME~1\ANDYBA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccwNaaaa.o(.text+0x33a): In function `main':
C:/Andy's Old Computer Files/Andy's Programs/OpenGL examples/Sierpinski gasket.cpp:46: undefined reference to `glutInitDisplayMode'
C:\DOCUME~1\ANDYBA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccwNaaaa.o(.text+0x34e):C:/Andy's Old Computer Files/Andy's Programs/OpenGL examples/Sierpinski gasket.cpp:47: undefined reference to `glutInitWindowSize'
C:\DOCUME~1\ANDYBA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccwNaaaa.o(.text+0x362):C:/Andy's Old Computer Files/Andy's Programs/OpenGL examples/Sierpinski gasket.cpp:48: undefined reference to `glutInitWindowPosition'
C:\DOCUME~1\ANDYBA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccwNaaaa.o(.text+0x37a):C:/Andy's Old Computer Files/Andy's Programs/OpenGL examples/Sierpinski gasket.cpp:50: undefined reference to `glutDisplayFunc'
C:\DOCUME~1\ANDYBA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccwNaaaa.o(.text+0x384):C:/Andy's Old Computer Files/Andy's Programs/OpenGL examples/Sierpinski gasket.cpp:52: undefined reference to `glutMainLoop'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Execution terminated