March 24th, 2009, 02:20 PM
retriving xml from password protected site.
this is my requirement;
1. i have to login to somesite which requires user authentication.
2. then i have to give some unique id like transaction id or req id and press search.
3. after getting result have to download the xml for the page and then compare it with predetermined values to check if the values are correct.
what i have done;
1. created and Internet explorer object
2. got the field names using some DOM inspector but the place where i put IDs, the input field name changes sometimes, so DOM fails sometimes.
now going by using IE object, its very cumbersome. it takes hell lot of time to find DOM value and then code it properly. If code errors the IE object is also not destroyed which then makes machine slow.
Is there a better way to code??
i was going thru execwb but couldnt figure it out.
any help/comments are welcome
Tags for this Thread
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width
This is a Codeguru.com survey!