CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Project Ideas

Project Ideas

A friend and I are currently in a c++ class at our high school and we've gone beyond the scope of the other students and the teacher so we are looking for project ideas. We're looking for something that is probably in the intermediate range. To give you an example of what we've done, we programmed the game "Yahtzee" for multiple players, and the ability to play it over a LAN. We're just not exactly what we should be learning next or what to try so all suggestions are welcome!

Re: Project Ideas

What have you leaned so far?
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

Well, kind of what I stated before, a little bit of network programming using WinSock and I have a pretty good handle on classes (I know what they are, how to make them, how to use them). I'm just not exactly sure what I should be learning next, ya know?

I can't possible understand how did you start learning C++ by doing network programming. I don't see the catch here.

I suggest you get a good C++ book and learn C++ in a structured manner. Some of these books have exercises, so I can practice with other things than the examples shown in the book.
    http://www.codeguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231039
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.