CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Cannot add new member!

Hello. I needed some form layouts from a different application in my new application so I added the other project workspace to my new project workspace. I copied the form layouts, and removed the old project workspace and now I cannot add new members using the wizard. If I reinsert the old project workspace then I can without problems.

Any solutions?
    Mike B

Open the directory containing the new project and delete the *.CLW file. Then try to open the class wizard. It will say that the class wizard cannot be found, and ask you if you want to create a new one from your source files. Say yes. Then select ALL of the header (.h) and implementation files (.cpp) to build the new wizard. That should take care of it.

Thank you for your reply. I tried this before and again after reading your post and it did not work. Are there any additional files I should remove? It will let me see the class wizard after doing this but still says "Cannot add new member".

Strange!!

Mike B

Make sure neither the header nor implementation files are read only.

Re: Cannot add new member!

You have to add a new class before being able to add a new member. Use any name for the new class; VS will create the *.cpp and the *.h files. You will then be able to add in new member.
    Hope this helps.

Vo Duc Dien