SerialPort Class
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: SerialPort Class

Question SerialPort Class

After looking at the SerialPort class, it seems to only provide getters (not setters) for the bits (CD, DTR, DSR, Ring, etc.).

Does anyone know if there is a way to set/clear these bits at my discretion using C#?

Thanks

-Mike

Re: SerialPort Class

Quote Originally Posted by simmerheli View Post
    After looking at the SerialPort class, it seems to only provide getters (not setters) for the bits (CD, DTR, DSR, Ring, etc.).

Does anyone know if there is a way to set/clear these bits at my discretion using C#?

Thanks

-Mike
    I guess these fields are available display the status of those bits only. As the low level handshaking of DSR/DTR is performed by .NET Framework.
    Xander Tan

Re: SerialPort Class

If you want that kind of power over a serial port try using interop with the kernel32 library. It will allow you to set everything you could possibly want to set. Problem is... interop, sort of defeats the purpose of C# but Ive found it very useful in my development with serial ports.
    R.I.P. 3.5" Floppy Drives
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein