April 14th, 2009, 01:31 AM
Talking Clipboard- Text to speech software
Talking Clipboard is a text to speech software, with lots of useful features. It supports all SAPI compliant voices, and can read a large number of native document file formats directly like PDF, DOC, ePub, RTF, HTML and TXT or can read text from any application using clipboard. It can convert text to audio MP3/Wav files and support full control over reading like Play/Pause/Stop, jump to next or previous paragraph or line via menu or media remote or keyboard media buttons. It supports highlighting of spoken word and batch text to audio conversion utilities. You can define alias or IPA pronunciation for words. Other features include bookmarks, spell correction, text manipulation, RSS reader, Wordnet dictionary, talking reminder, Drag & Drop support, etc.
* Reads text using any Microsoft SAPI compliant voice.
* Reads any document: DOC, PDF, RTF, HTML, TEXT.
* Reads eBooks in ePub format, other formats can be converted using any2epub.
* Edit and Save the files in TEXT, WAV and MP3 (with ID3 tags) format.
* Highlight text while reading.
* Reads text from any program via Clipboard, just copy the selected text.
* Batch text based files conversion to audio files.
* Change pronunciation of any word, like personal nouns using IPA.
* Set speech alias for any words like doctor for Dr.
* Modify input text using regular expression before start reading.
* Set bookmarks within text articles and move to them using menu entries.
* Set longer pauses between sentences and paragraphs, if desired.
* Control reading from menu, system tray and also via media remote control.
* Adjust voice, speed, pitch, volume, text font, font & background color, etc.
* Read from cursor or read selected text or read the whole text.
* Pause, Stop, Jump to next/previous line or paragraph any time while reading.
* Accelerator keys for all buttons and menus, supports multimedia keys.
* Configure clipboard reading and MP3 output settings like frequnecy, bit rate.
* Open files from shell context menu or drag & drop or using the File menu.
* Supports talking reminder facility, never forgot/miss important things.
* In-built Wordnet dictionary, and support for online Wiktionary.
* Filter non-alpha symbols from the text before reading.
* Minimize to system tray and automatically run on windows startup.
* Search or Replace any text in the in-built editor.
* Insert pause of any time limit between text, to give audio more natural effect.
* Read emotions in the text from emails or IM chat like happy or sad , etc.
* Inbuilt spell checker for better readability and pronounciations.
* Inbuilt RSS reader, to listen to the latest news and your favorite blogs updates.
* Full screen mode to act as an e-book reader.
* Print documents and Most recently used file feature.
* Comes with a CHM decompiler and Unzip utilities to read other formats.
* Windows Vista Restart Manager compatible.
* Reduces eye strain and help environment by saving papers.
* Help in memorizing important things and preparation for exams.
* Supports Windows Vista/XP with .NET 3.5 Framework.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width
This is a CodeGuru survey question.