April 8th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Full Time Web Application Developer - Can work remotely within the U.S.
Human Capital Consultants is a strategic professional services consulting organization serving industry leading clients across the United States. Human Capital Consultants offers proven, customizable and matrix driven solutions for our clients’ Recruitment, Human Capital Management, and Human Resource Consulting needs. Human Capital Consultants has the experience and bandwidth to provide clients a wide array of resources from a single Recruitment or HR Resource to an entire team dedicated to single or multi-location needs, including Strategic Engagement Planning and Management. For more information visit our web site http://www.humancapitalconsultants.com.
Web Application Developer (Opportunity to work remotely)
Our client, ranked on the prestigious Inc. 500 List of Fastest Growing Private Companies, and featured on CNN, in the Wall Street Journal and many other publications, provides a Virtual Phone System that empowers entrepreneurs to succeed.
Our client inspires the entrepreneurial spirit, and fuel entrepreneurial growth. So, you might ask, what inspires them as a company? The answer is easy: their core values. Our client’s core values consist of going above and beyond, always being entrepreneurial, expressing our radically passionate nature, and working as a team.
Our client strives to exceed the expectations of the people they work with and the entrepreneurs they serve, and always take the initiative to find new and innovative solutions to daily challenges; they create, evaluate, and innovate with pride and enthusiasm.
Our client is in the process of creating an entirely new business division—one that will expand their services for entrepreneurs beyond phone systems and into high-value, innovative Web applications using the latest web technologies (frameworks, cloud services, AJAX). This new division will consist of a small group of remote Web developers that will collaborate virtually to conceptualize, prototype and produce disruptive Web services and applications for many markets, with a primary focus on providing valuable services for entrepreneurs.
We are seeking a Web Application Developer to aid in developing the tools and methodologies used by this new division, as well as executing the development of new applications. As the team builds out, this role would include some oversight responsibilities of junior developers. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate their willingness to try new technologies and the ability to prototype ideas quickly. Experience working remotely is a plus. This is a great opportunity to be involved in the formation of an innovation lab, grow your entrepreneurial mind, and—most importantly—build applications people love and use every day.
· Development of initial CRM and billing framework to undergird all applications
· Creation and documentation of coding standards and conventions for all applications
· Development of prototypes and fully-functional Web-based applications
· Maintaining and debugging applications post-launch
· LAMP or RoR experience
· Web Services (SOAP, WSDL)
· AJAX-based application experience
· Familiarity with Web coding frameworks
· Ability to give estimates and work within deadlines
· Understanding of source control and bug tracking
· Self-directed and self-managing
· Good communication and organizational skills
· Enthusiasm to try new technologies
· 3+ years experience developing Web-based software applications
· Experience developing Web applications that utilize ecommerce
Preferred Skills & Experience
· Experience working remotely
· Experience working for a startup or Web-based company
· Equal experience developing both front and back end of applications
· Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven, dynamic environment
· Familiarity with the latest Web services and cloud-based services
· Leadership experience a plus
· Entrepreneurial experience a plus
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit resumes to email@example.com.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width
This is a CodeGuru survey question.