CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Question Developing website using XML

I am trying to develop website of resource persons directory which gives details about his name ,phone number,Address,E-mail and reaserch area and details about reaserch person collected from different orgaizational or educational site.

Using XML as backend , JSP as front end.

Please could you tell me what will be the coding and how to run this and what are the requirement to run the program.

Thanks
    anil

Re: Developing website using XML

Welcome to the forum
    Quote Originally Posted by anilharish View Post
    Please could you tell me what will be the coding and how to run this and what are the requirement to run the program.
    It is very difficult to tell you all that. You will have to start yourself and can only ask specific questions here.

Start gathering the requirements, chart down everything on a piece of paper and then see whether you can do it using JSP and XML.

We do not write programs for others, we only help with specific questions. If you need a ready made program then you should be ready to pay for it too.

Note that JSP is not a client-side language...so there is no way you can have that as your "front end" language.

Also, if you are collecting data and not just displaying it, you should consider using a database and not an XML file. However, if you are just displaying data, then you can use XML stylized by XSLT.
    If the post was helpful...Rate it! Remember to use [code] or [php] tags.

Note that JSP is not a client-side language...so there is no way you can have that as your "front end" language.

Also, if you are collecting data and not just displaying it, you should consider using a database and not an XML file. However, if you are just displaying data, then you can use XML stylized by XSLT.

Arrow Re: Developing website using XML

Hello,

I have developed Java Code which displayes content of URL. But I am not able to find out the information of Auther name, address, phone number,E-mail ID etc. from that content.

Also further how to store the search information into XML as it becomes a database.

Please find the attachment of Java code.
    Attached Files Attached Files

[ moved ]