CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

[RESOLVED] How to ReFresh a user Control

i have a userControl and am using it in a aspx page, now i have expose the Following Method that reside in the usercontrol like this

Code:
      public void load_Again()
        {
            string clientscript = "";

// make available to all subcontrols a variable with the client ID of the textbox in which to store the selected activity IDs
            clientscript = "var txtbxActvClientID = '" + txtbxActvs.ClientID.ToString() + "'; ";
            // assign the current list of selected activities to the list for JavaScript here
            //clientscript += "var ActivityList = String(\"" + txtbxActvs.Text + "\"); ";  
            ClientScriptManager cs = Page.ClientScript;
            cs.RegisterClientScriptBlock(this.GetType(), "txtbxlookupid", clientscript, true);
            HighlightSelectedActvs();
        }
    and am calling it on my aspx page like this
    Code:
    ActivityCtrl1.load_Again();
    i have Copied the code you see in the method load_Again() from the page load event of the Control. I want refresh or load the page again after i click a button in my aspx page.

Thank you
    Few companies that installed computers to reduce the employment of clerks have realized their expectations.... They now need more and more expensive clerks even though they call them "Developers" or "Programmers."

Re: How to ReFresh a user Control

Wrap this around your control...

<a href="#" onclick="location.reload(true)">CONTROL HERE</a>

Its a JavaScript call that will provide the functionality I think you are looking for

Hope this helps,

Larry Darrah
    MS Architect Evangelist

Resolved Re: How to ReFresh a user Control

Thank you very much, this Did the Work

Thanks
    Few companies that installed computers to reduce the employment of clerks have realized their expectations.... They now need more and more expensive clerks even though they call them "Developers" or "Programmers."

Re: [RESOLVED] How to ReFresh a user Control

Thanks buddy, but i still have a Problem.

How do i use the Javascript you gave me in ASp.net. i tried io implement it like this on a Button Click event

Code:
    Response.Write("<script><a href='SubjectStaff.aspx' onclick='location.reload(true)'>'ActivityCtrl.ascx'</a></script>");
    Thanks