CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Problem with Interop on XBAPs?

I have two apps, one is a standalone WPF app and the other is an XBAP. Both use a common code base (shared project) to access Outlook data using COM Interop.

The WPF app runs fine and has no problem reading/writing Outlook data. The XBAP, running at the same time, always fails with this error:

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80080005

So does this mean XBAPs can't use Interop? The XBAP is running as a full-trust application.

Re: Problem with Interop on XBAPs?

Quote Originally Posted by purpleflash View Post
    I have two apps, one is a standalone WPF app and the other is an XBAP. Both use a common code base (shared project) to access Outlook data using COM Interop.

The WPF app runs fine and has no problem reading/writing Outlook data. The XBAP, running at the same time, always fails with this error:

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80080005

So does this mean XBAPs can't use Interop? The XBAP is running as a full-trust application.
    When you run the xbap application, check whether the outlook is running or not. If it is running, close the outlook app. then try running the xbap application.

And if this doesnt work, then try to run the application with different access rights. i.e from full-trust to partial trust...
    Last edited by MMH; April 24th, 2009 at 07:43 AM.
    Regards,
    MMH
    Rate my post if you find it usefull.