CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Question problem with my audio device driver.

Hi all,
    The Virtual audio device driver that i developed on the basis of MSVAD is working fine with all the audio application on my desktop (both the capture and render), i am routing this capture/render streams over an network to an linux machine, their also no problem all are well. But the problem appears when i am using any VOIP application (Skype,gtalk etc...) the audio routed from the voip application is too scratchy. what may be problem in my driver. I am struck with this problem from 3 days.

I found a post in the mailing list "http://www.freelists.org/post/wdmaudiodev/Unjustified-Starvation-in-IDmaChannelCopyFrom-High-CPU-Load" i think this is the same problem what i am facing, can any one please point me in the correct direction to solve this problem.

Karthik SG

Re: problem with my audio device driver.

Hello,

Wow! It sounds like a neat program and setup you've got there!

In the other posting, towards the end it mentions "ridiculously low ByteCount such as 16" but the system needs at least 256 and they know its available,

What decides that ByteCount is 16, where does that number come from?

- this leads onto the question:

Is it possible to fix the value to a minimum of 256?

Peter

Question Re: problem with my audio device driver.

Hi peter,
    The over all meaning is the IDmaChannel will call the copyfrom with lowest ByteCount if the system is loaded. I made a astonishing notice that my driver will work with no problem in VISTA with same configuration as of Xp. I realy not able to figure out what is the problem with XP.