CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Excel to Crystal Report

I wish to create a crystal report from an Excel workbook that contains many sheets. Each sheet contains data regarding a one project each. All sheets are of the same format in displaying data. How do I create a crystal report from this workbook, so that the data in the crystal report is displayed as treeview of which the project data itself can be expanded and minimised? Finally this has to be installed in the client's computer. Should I create an addin? You experts out there, please suggest and help me.

Thanks

Re: Excel to Crystal Report

Please help. No gurus?

Create a new Report
    When selecting Datasource choose the option Access/Excel
    Then Choose Database type as Excel
    Then Choose name the Excel file
    Do the normal procedure thereafter
    Madhivanan

Failing to plan is Planning to fail

Thanks. I will try that.
    Thanks

Question Re: Excel to Crystal Report

Did the prior answer to your question help? It seems that you don't need to go from Crystal to Excel but to format a Crystal report to match an Excel spreadsheet. Is that correct?

I have a similar problem. I am trying to convert to Crystal Reports a very complicated Excel worksheet that integrates with a tool that directly pulls data from an Oracle db. With Excel, they "cherry-pick" which accounts they want on any particular row.

In Crystal, you have some control over placing groups and naming them. This approach may work (Group->specified order) but it would be (1) extremely tedious as there are hundreds of lines, (2) I may exceed its capacity, (3) it would be hard for client to support, and (4) it may not work!

Have you found anything that might help?

Thanks!

I'm also searching for any such solution, i just want to export the format of report from excel to crystal report. did u find any solutions?