dcsimg
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: "Component 'MSHFLXGD.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered

"Component 'MSHFLXGD.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered

Hi to all

Please help with this problem,
    When i tried to run the applciation to other machine i got this error.
    "Component 'MSHFLXGD.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered : a file is missing or invalid

ANy idea please

Thanks
    PAul

Re: "Component 'MSHFLXGD.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered

This means either that the control (MshFlxgd.ocx) is not on your machine, or it is not registered

To be sure, try and find a copy of MSHFLXGD.OCX, copy it to c:\Windows\System32\, then register it

To Register it

Click Start - Click Run - Enter "regsvr32 mshflxgd.ocx" - Click OK

Or in a Batch File

Code:
    XCOPY c:\mshflxgd.ocx c:\Windows\System32
    regsvr32 mshflxgd.ocx
    Find the control be doing a search on your C: Hard Disk

If you cant find it - Google

If you still cant find it, I can email you a copy

Re: "Component 'MSHFLXGD.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered

This seems to become an issue recently.

To make an application run on another machine you must create an install package using the "Package and Deployment Wizard" which comes with VB
    It will search your code for dependancies, like external controls as MSHFlexGrid and others, and pack these elements into the setup pack.
    You run the setup on the target machine and it makes sure that each missing element will be installed on the target machine. After that your program will run perfectly.

Thanks you so much for your help.. will try all these ideas

DataMiser is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by George1111 View Post
    This means either that the control (MshFlxgd.ocx) is not on your machine, or it is not registered

To be sure, try and find a copy of MSHFLXGD.OCX, copy it to c:\Windows\System32\, then register it

To Register it

Click Start - Click Run - Enter "regsvr32 mshflxgd.ocx" - Click OK

Or in a Batch File

Code:
    XCOPY c:\mshflxgd.ocx c:\Windows\System32
    regsvr32 mshflxgd.ocx
    Find the control be doing a search on your C: Hard Disk

If you cant find it - Google

If you still cant find it, I can email you a copy
    This will work of course but this also assumes that this is the only control that is going to be an issue. If there are other controls used by the program which are also missing then the program will exit with a different message next time and the time after that and so it will continue until all controls are properly registered on the system. And of coruse the program will still not run on the next persons system without doing this same type of thing.

If a programer delivered such a program to me more than once he would not work for me any longer.

Use the proper setup procedure either the package and deployment wizard or a 3rd party install tool of your choice to make sure that the software works the first time for everyone who needs to use it.

Just download the VB6 Runtime Library for that machine. Otherwise, nobody else registered it in the past on that machine.
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!