CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Sorting GridView control

How can i sort the GridView control by clicking the column header?

Lightbulb Re: Sorting GridView control

Are you using DataGridView, or is GridView a seperate control?

The DataGridView should sort itself when clicking the headers, if it doesn't try looking for an event for "column header click" or something similar and put your code in there. Try looking at the properties of the DataGridView control to see if you have sorting turned off, or clickable headers turned off.
    Thanks,
    - pgrammer

Re: Sorting GridView control

Quote Originally Posted by pgrammer View Post
    Are you using DataGridView, or is GridView a seperate control?

The DataGridView should sort itself when clicking the headers, if it doesn't try looking for an event for "column header click" or something similar and put your code in there. Try looking at the properties of the DataGridView control to see if you have sorting turned off, or clickable headers turned off.
    i'm using GridView control, i have set those sorting property to true.... but when i click on the header it ask for handler of the sorting... i have create the handler but don't know what should write in the handler...

can anyone can provide me sample??

Quote Originally Posted by lsy View Post
    i'm using GridView control, i have set those sorting property to true.... but when i click on the header it ask for handler of the sorting... i have create the handler but don't know what should write in the handler...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...q=sorting+data
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...ly&btnG=Search
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Sea...ng%20c%23&ac=1
    Thanks,
    - pgrammer

Quote Originally Posted by lsy View Post

Maybe you show your code reagrding that control se we can show you the adequat code for your grid
    Jonny Poet

To be Alive is depending on the willingsness to help others and also to permit others to help you. So lets be alive. !
    Using Code Tags makes the difference: Code is easier to read, so its easier to help. Do it like this: [CODE] Put Your Code here [/code]
    If anyone felt he has got help, show it in rating the post.
    Also dont forget to set a post which is fully answered to 'resolved'. For more details look to FAQ's about Forum Usage. BTW I'm using Framework 3.5 and you ?
    My latest articles :
    Creating a Dockable Panel-Controlmanager Using C#, Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7