Hi there,

I have a VB.NET (Framework 1.1) application used to start and monitor a process where the user selects items in a grid to generate PDF files (one for each item) via the .Export command from Crystal Reports' ReportDocument class. There are many PDF files to print (above 7000). Everything goes fine during most of the time (specially when in my development environment). But in some tests, without nothing noticeable happening, I have the following error message (at the execution of the .Export command):

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80041004): Cannot find the QE property.
Memory full.
Failed to export the report.
Not enough memory for operation.
at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Controllers.ReportSourceClass.Export(ExportOptions pExportOptions, RequestContext pRequestContext)
at CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.EromReportSourceBase.ExportToStream(ExportRequestContext reqContext)
at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.ExportToStream(ExportRequestContext reqContext)
at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.Export(ExportRequestContext reqContext)
at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.Export()
at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Export()

I deal with errors using a Try...Catch, so the program continues but, after that, I start having the very same for every iteration of the loop (it happens exactly in the .Export command that creates the PDF file). Although memory is mentioned in the message, it doesn't seem to be a memory issue, as I monitored memory usage in some of those tests and there was plenty of memory available; also, this happens in a rather random fashion, sometimes at the beginning of the process, sometimes after many hundreds (or even thousands) of .PDF files have already been generated. Finally, the issue is solved by just stopping and restarting the application - until it happens again.

Can anyone help me somehow?

Thanks in advance,
Fabio Guilherme