CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: File open hook

File open hook

Hi All,

Is there any message to trace open file command in system.
    I have installed a hook for double click that gives me point where I am clicking. But I need exact file path if I clicked on file. I think this can not be done with the mouse hook. Please suggest me how could trace this file open command.

Thanks in advance.

Smile Re: File open hook

I hardly believes that, Explorer will be getting some messages while Opening files or folders...

You may use Spy++ or similar application to spy the Messages fired, when a file is opened or a older is opened..

Double click capturing is not an efficient way, as some other applications require their controls to be double clicked too... so, it will be buggy later...

And, also, a file can be opened by right-clicking and choosing Open, or programatically can be opned too... so, better option is to tap the message send by Windows.
    "I studied everything but never topped. Today, toppers of the world's best universities are my employees"

-William Henry Gates (Bill Gates)

Re: File open hook

Quote Originally Posted by CoolPG View Post
    I hardly believes that, Explorer will be getting some messages while Opening files or folders...

You may use Spy++ or similar application to spy the Messages fired, when a file is opened or a older is opened..

Double click capturing is not an efficient way, as some other applications require their controls to be double clicked too... so, it will be buggy later...

And, also, a file can be opened by right-clicking and choosing Open, or programatically can be opned too... so, better option is to tap the message send by Windows.
    absolutely right.. But the problem is that like doubleclick WM_LBDOUBLECLICK what message should I use to trace "File open" command.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OReubens View Post
    Thanks Sir,

No doubt link is very useful but I am not aware with its programming and use. And the provided information is very limited.
    Could you please tell me some steps to start working on it.