Hello all,

I am new to this forum, and I hope that I could get some help with a task I am stuck on. I am working on some reports in Crystal Reports. I have been working on a parameter field that allows the user to select a pre-determined date range. As an example, the report will offer ranges like:

Yesterday, Last Week, Last Month, Last Quarter, This Week, This Month, etc....(I think you get the idea). So I have all of these formulas working, but there is a unique formula that I don't know how to accomplish. We have what we call billing periods here at my company that are 4 weeks in length. So they do not run month to month, but date to date. I would like to add to the paramter field the options of this billing period and last billing period. However, I do not know the best way to accomplish this. I though of maybe making a table in the database that would just have 2 columns, periodStart and periodEnd. But I don't know how to link this to the active database which has just a transactionDate field. Then I thought maybe there is a way to make this list of billing periods within the report, but I do not want to have to go back and edit every report that will use this (which could turn out to be several).

Does anyone have any ideas on the best way to tackle this? I am open to any suggestions, and thank you all in advance.